YouTube Live Stream

Monday, May 4, 2015

PS+ Free Games for May!

First off, May the 4th be with you!
Welcome to our monthly break down of the new games for PS+ subscribers. This months update will include some pretty amazing games and a one new title debuting as a PS+ free game. First off here is the list of the games.


1: Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition: (PS4) 2D brawlwer/platfpormer, inspired by Mexican  folklore

2: Ether One:(PS4)First-Person Puzzler with a focus on restoring the minds of the mentally ill. 

3: The Unfinished Swan:(PS4,PS3,PSVita)First-Person adventure with a very artistic look, and heartfelt story

4: Race the Sun:(PS4,PS3,PSVita)A minimalist racing game with a very futuristic look. 

5: Hohokum:(PS4,PS3,PSVita):Explore a crazy colorful world

6: Murasaki Baby:(PSVita)a Strange puzzle game with a very dark atmosphere.

Great news for PS4 owners since all but Musasaki Baby is available to download on Sony's latest console. Now to break down the games I highly recommend checking out on this list. Of the crop of the 6 games I have actually played 3 of the titles, and one new game that really draws my attention. 

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition: Out of the list this is the game that everyone should check out and play if you own a PS4, This is one of the most unique "Metroidvania" games to come out, and has so much charm, solid controls, and great sense of humor. If you only play one of these games make sure this is the one. 


The Unfinished Swan: is the second game that I highly recommend, The story is very heartfelt and the game has minor puzzle elements as well as platforming elements, this is a short game that can be completed within 2-4 hours, but the story is what really shines.


Race The Sun: This is the last game of the bunch I had the pleasure to play. In fact I even did a review for this one a little while back, so if you want to read that click here. Race the sun is a very addictive little title, I love the art style, and has elements of randomization that can be found in most "Roguelikes". The big thing that kept me coming back to the game, was the fact that you can level up your ship, and also post your high-scores to online leaderboards. Once you start it will be very hard to put this one down.


The One game on this list that has really sparked my interest is Ether One. This game first appeared on PC, to mostly favorable reviews. I like the fact that it is a first-Person Puzzler, how often do we see that? The Art Style has a nice cell-shaded look to it, and from the sounds of the description the developers give, has me intrigued to find out more. This may be one of my next titles for review. And it's Free!!


Well May is here, and free games are coming! let me know what ones you will be playing. 

-Retro Forward Dave
follow me on my twitter @retro_forward

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts