YouTube Live Stream

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

AirMech Arena PS4 impressions

Video taken from the Retro Forward Twitch Stream.

I didn't know what to expect going into AirMech Arena, but I am very happy I checked it out!
 The game is developed by Carbon games and published by Ubisoft. AirMech Arena plays like a cross between a twin-stick shooter, and a MOBA (Mobile Online Battle Arena) originally intended to be a modern remake of Herzog Zwei, like the game it was inspired by, you have the ability to transform your aircraft into a Mech when ever you want. I am very impressed with the over all game on the PS4. Best of all it's free to play!

The controls in the game are perfect, I never felt like I had issues moving my character or aiming at what I wanted to attack, even the strategy elements control well. If I had to nit-pick the only thing I would have liked to see from the PS4 version would be to use the "touch pad" for selecting your troops, and giving orders. This isn't a deal breaker just a missed opportunity. The object in the game is to gather troops and take over your enemies bases, once you control all the bases the round is over. 


Visually the game has a very vibrant almost water color look which works well especially when things start to get intense when lots of troops, and enemies are present.
The Sound is also excellent everything sounds loud and destructive when it comes to the weapons, and the vehicles. The music is even better in this game, and was made by the Vancouver band Front Line Assembly. I recommend checking them out too! You will definitely be rocking out while these intense battles play out before you. 


AirMech Arena features many different game modes, which sadly I didn't have the time yet to dive into each and everyone, and for that reason I wont put a review score on this game until I have tested out each mode. For a free to play game you get a lot of play options. The following modes are available in the game; Solo which sees you playing  with AI opponents, sometimes you will be just 1v1, other times you will even see 1v3, these can get pretty intense, but offer lots of gameplay and are great  fun to play. Co-op mode is pretty much the same except you and a friend can play against the AI together. PVP which will be where most people spend the majority of their time with AirMech Arena. The game has Capture the flag, Survival mode, and a Challenge mode. I spent hours playing the Challenge mode which can get difficult, but is very rewarding.


Over all I am really looking forward to putting more time into this game, It comes highly recommend and hopefully It won't be too long until I have played enough to give my final verdict on the game. AirMech Arena on PS4 is currently only available to download for PS+ subscribers. I  highly recommend checking the game out. The price is right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts