YouTube Live Stream

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

3 Games Konami needs right now!

This is actually a Piece I was working on a while ago I just figured I would post it since we now know that Silent Hills is officially Cancelled. 
-Retro Forward Dave

With recent news of Hideo Kojima leaving Konami once Metal Gear Solid 5 the Phantom Pain is released, I started thinking, would this be the end of Konami? I know I'm not the only one thinking this, and what will happen to Silent Hills? Will this spell the end of Konami?


Here are 3 games that I would love to see from Konami:

#1: Life Force. The reason I chose Life Force and not simply a new Gradius game is mostly do to the setting. I would love to see this game done on modern tech. Instead of your typical space shooter, you get to travel through some type of biological monster, just imagine how the stages would look in full HD! Also currently the "Shmup" genre is lacking on PS4, and  Xbox One. This would be an excellent digital title with a great concept.


2#: More Metroidvania style Castlevania games. Let's just go and say it, 3D Castlevania games have never been the strong point of the series. Even though the last two were well made and were nice to look at, they never felt like true Castlevania. For me the series hit it's stride with Symphony of the Night, and is a game I go back to and play from time to time. Castlevania is at its best when it's in 2D and home consoles have been without since 2011. I know I would jump at the chance to play a new game in the series. More Alucard would be great!


#3: Contra 5, anyone who grew up with the NES and SNES will have fond memories playing the Contra games. The last truly excellent game in the series was Contra 4 on the Nintendo DS. In between part 3 and 4 we saw the series struggle in horrible ways. Here's what I want from a new game. First leave it a side scrolling run and gun. If it's not broken don't fix that.
Now I would really like to see Konami take reference from the scenes in the first game where you are in a walking through the bases. How amazing would it be to see this in proper 3D. Also we could see the return of some top down stages to this will provide with enough diversity and still keep what we love about the series. Part of what I think made Contra 4 so successful is that it took the best elements of the Contra series and added that little touch of nostalgia. Konami you can do this again!



Well that's what I would love to see from Konami. At the moment their future doesn't look so bright but it doesn't have to be all doom and gloom. Konami has some excellent IP that they can use. Sadly things looks bleak for the Silent Hills game, but I think things will work out just fine for both Konami, and Hideo Kojima. 
Let me know what Konami games you would like to see? That's all for now Happy gaming


-Retro Forward Dave
On twitter you can find me @retro_forward

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts