YouTube Live Stream

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Retro Forward South Park Pinball Review

Come on down to South Park, and meet some friends of mine. 


Zen Pinball 2 South Park table

South Park Pinball Review:

Never thought I would post a review for add-on content for a pinball game... Well here we are and this is happening. Zen Pinball released two tables based off South Park, the first one I am simply calling it "South Park pinball", the second table I am calling it the "Butters table". Zen Pinball is a free to download game that comes with one single table to play on but the nice thing is it does let you try out a table before popping out cash for the never ending amount of DLC.  




For this Review I am only gonna focus on the South Park DLC. Let me get this out of the way,  I am not an expert when it comes to pinball in any way, shape, or form. For the price of $4.99  you get two tables the first one is the South Park table. This has to be one of the most enjoyable pinball tables I have played. Everything has a purpose. It doesn't feel overly cluttered. If you love South Park you will enjoy all the references. Cheesy Poofs, Man Bear Pig, Terrance & Phillip, all are referenced. The voice acting and sound is top notch. The visuals are top notch and everything is colorful and does a great job of looking like the show. This is clearly the table that got the most love out of the two. I could easily play this for hours on end, trying to best my high score, or the leader boards. 



Zen Pinball 2 Butters Table

The second table in the DLC is the Butters table. This one could be considered the "B" side to this DLC. I found this table to lack the excitement of the first. If you are a fan of Butters you may find more enjoyment but over all I found it to be more of an empty table. I did like the under ground hidden Professor Chaos bonus round. The visuals on this table are less impressive everything feels darker, but still does a good job with all the characters and like the first table does a good job of resembling the show. Sadly that's all I can really say for this one. It's average at best. 




Over all the controls are spot on. The best way to play is on the Duel Shock 4, those triggers give the best grip, and a buttery smooth performance. What else can I really say this is pinball with a South Park skin, I love it. I love South Park. I never thought I would be so addicted to playing pinball again. South Park Pinball is available on every possible gaming platform. For this review I played the PS4 version of the game. With one amazing table and one that I found just average. For only $4.99 you get both and I can honestly say for me that was money well spent. 

Do you like pinball? Do you like South Park? if you answered yes to both questions then you need to pick this up now. 

Get It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts