YouTube Live Stream

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Turtle Beach Ear Force PX24 Unboxing Video/Review

Welcome back everyone! So recently I had an issue with my Astro A50 gaming headset. The microphone is no longer working... I was in desperate need to find a good budget alternative to replace them, After many hours looking up specs and features I finally found the replacement. Little did I know I was actually finding a headset that was much more versatile. 

The reason I went with the Astro A50 gaming headset was pretty much everyone I talked to recommended them to me. I will admit for the steep price they are an excellent headset and by far one of the best you can buy. I mainly wanted something that had an exceptional quality microphone and like any headset, good quality sound. Now I know I'm talking a lot of positives here about the Astro A50 but now I must talk about it's biggest downfall the microphone...Despite having excellent sound out of the mic, it is also very flimsy and from what I found out, I'm not the only one to have this issue. The microphone will no longer lock in place and at first I made due with it, but now it produces no sound out of the mic at all!!! 


Along comes the Turtle Beach Ear Force PX24 to save the day! The PX24's are a wired headset with a nice quality boom mic, they also include a mix amp that allows for customization of game volume, digital surround sound effect, your own voice chat volume, and bass control, it also has the ability to mute the mic at the touch of a button, as well includes a feature Turtle Beach like to call "Super Human Hearing", what that does is allow for increased treble making things like hearing foot steps more prominent, this is excellent for people heavy into first person shooters. 

The best features on the The Turtle Beach Ear Force PX 24 headset is the mix amp, the ability to being able to hear your self through the headset is a huge asset, no longer did I have to worry about shouting into the microphone. The Mix amp is good for 30 hours on a full charge which is amazing, but what is even better you do not require it to use the headset! It's like an added bonus, one that really makes this headset shine! The price is also great for $99.99 Canadian you get some good sounding headphones with a boom microphone, and a headset that is very versatile,  It will work with any PC, gaming console, mobile device Voip, and Skype! 

Now not all is perfect with this headset! For one example the design, the headset looks great but has a lot of plastic which could break under extreme stress. The other biggest drawback is the microphone can not be removed from the headset, and you can't replace the 3.5mm jack, so at some point you will need to replace with an entirely new headset. Personally these are non issues for me as I take really good care of my headphones. 

For anyone looking for a Good headset to use for streaming to Twitch, or to make YouTube videos, or even for someone looking for just casual gaming with friends online, this headset should be on your radar! 
For $100 dollars you could do much worse, no matter what your set up check them out! Below is my unboxing video and my first impressions of the headset.


GET IT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts