YouTube Live Stream

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Race the Sun Review

game play footage for Race the Sun

Race the Sun has one simple premise but don't let that stop you from checking out this excellent indie game!
In Race the Sun you play as a solar-powered spaceship, with one objective make it as far as possible before the sun sets. This game has an excellent laid back minimalist feel to it. At first I was thinking that I wouldn't like the game, and that it would only be fun for an hour, and I would move on to something else. This has not been the case. I have found myself coming back everyday to try and best my score and rank up on the online leader boards.
The Controls for the game couldn't get any easier, you move your ship with the left stick, and press x to jump, that's it for the control set up, simple right? It also helps that you really feel in control of your ship, every movement feels natural, and the mistakes you make genuinely feel like it's your own fault, and not the games. Visually the game won't push the PS4, or high end PCs but what we have works very well and I found I was never distracted by what was going on, or that I would lose control of my ship. 
Game play is Race the Sun's strongest point. As you play through the game, you will have specific challenges you will need to accomplish in order to level up your ship. Some challenges will be to beat a specific stage with no collisions, or to crash "x" number of times, or to travel a certain distance. I loved the game for doing this, as it gives you the urge to play just one more game. Leveling up your ship will grant you bonuses like the ability to jump more, or give you a shield to protect you from a collision, or my favorite the magnet ability which will pick up all items you are in proximity of. The other great feature of the game is when you finish one round it will already tell you where you rank for the day on the leader boards. I found myself becoming more and more competitive as I got better, and leveled up my ship. The last reason why I am addicted to this game is because every day the levels are procedurally generated, so every day the stages will be slightly different from the last. 
Race the Sun made me a fan of endless runners, I highly recommend this game! It is cross-buy, and cross-save on PlayStation platforms (PS4,PS3,PSVita). I played the game on the Vita and PS4. I also really loved my time with Race the Sun. The game is also available on PC, Mac, and Linux, so pick up a copy and try your best to Race the Sun. 

GET IT!

9/10 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts