YouTube Live Stream

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

My History with Videogames

I am a gamer. I love all things related to my past time, movies, books, toys, posters, and yes videogames.
I still remember the first time I played a Videogame it was Basketball for the Intellivision, although not the most impressive game by today's standards it was enough to get me hooked for life.
The very first consol I owned was the Nintendo Entertainment System. I got it for Christmas, what seems like forever ago. I still remember the amount of joy that little grey box gave me. I had two games my pack in copy of Super Mario/Duck Hunt, and I got Galaga. These are still some amazing games even today. I was blown away by the visuals. I couldn't imagine gaming getting any better than this. With time, my NES game collection grew and is to this day my all time favorite gaming system.
One reason why I'm still gaming now is because of the evolution of gaming. By the end of the 16-bit consol wars, I was starting to feel disconnected with gaming. I wasn't finding as much joy and excitement as I once did. I didn't get the same sense of wonder I used to. Maybe I was sick of Platforming, sick of racing, sick of fighting...This was all about to change with the upcoming Sony PlayStation.
The Sony PlayStation (PSX) was one amazing system, for me it is second only to the NES for all time greatest gaming consoles. With the introduction of the PlayStation we saw a change happening.  A move to 3D, and at the forefront of the movement is the PlayStation. The very first time I got to try it out was at my grandparents. They would take me to a local game shop that would rent gaming systems. I rented the PSX and two games Resident Evil, and Twisted Metal 2. After popping both games in for a bit I was shocked by what I was playing. Visually these games were like the finest works of art, and wet my appetite for more. It wasn't until weeks before my birthday I picked up my own PlayStation. I rented one game. A game that solidified my love for gaming and cemented Sony as a heavy hitter. The game I'm referring to is... Final Fantasy VII. 

To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts